We invite you to join the FPPF Basic Photography workshops! Thousands upon thousands have attended our FPPF Basic Photography classes because:
- Instructors are master photographers who have spent decades perfecting their craft.
- There are up to nine instructors who will share their rich and varied experiences and perspectives, makes for a well-rounded foundation for your photography.
- We’ve been here long, 20 years now. The workshop curriculum has been perfected after two decades of teaching photography.
- You learn photography in a picture perfect setting – Fort Santiago, picturesque and historical. It’s a popular photography and movie shooting location.
At the FPPF Basic Photography workshop you will learn how to use the DSLR and the latest camera technologies for serious photography. The curriculum was designed for those who seek to pursue photography as profession. There’s composition and elements of design, lighting theory and practice for portraiture and product shooting, digital imaging workflow for post processing, and travel photography. Workshops are conducted in Tagalog and English. Special arrangements may be made for those who require purely English instructions.
How many Sessions?
5 Sessions – Your choice of consecutive Saturdays or Sundays or Check out the our Weekdays Schedule.
SATURDAYS Schedule (Click + sign)
- SEP 10, 17, 24, OCT 1, 8
- OCT 1, 8, 15, 22, NOV 5
- OCT 15, 22, NOV 5, 12, 19
- NOV 12, 19, 26, DEC 3, 10
- SEP 18, 25, OCT 2, 9, 16
- NOV 20, 27, DEC 4, 11, 18
- AUG 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
- SEP 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
- OCT 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
- NOV 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- DEC 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Camera operation and handling
- Basic camera parts and icons
- Correct exposure by adjusting aperture and shutter speed
- Reading the camera meter
- Practice shoot inside Fort Santiago
- Review of Day 1 lecture
- Critique of photos from last session
- Understanding composition: leading lines, rule of thirds, frames, foreground and background, S-curves, patterns, light and shadow
- Practice shoot on composition
- Art History & Elements of Design
- Group Assignments
- Lighting theory and practice
- Basic lighting, shooting setup, using props
- Hands-on shoot indoors and outdoors using reflectors and available light
- Portraiture and posing
- Critique of the day’s photos
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom post processing, workflow
- Travel photography
- Flash photography & use of filters
- Final critique and judging of prints
- Presentation of certificates of attendance, awarding of prizes for photo contest
Venue and Package
- Runs five successive Saturdays or Sundays
- from 9 to 4/5 p.m.
- at the FPPF Art Chambers inside Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila, Philippines. MAP HERE
- Workshop I.D.
- Pre-register at the FPPF office or online
- Make your payment in person or by bank deposit
- Reservations are finalized only upon payment of workshop fee
- Film or digital camera, preferably one that allows you to set shutter speed and aperture manually. Check if your auto-everything camera allows manual exposure override. Point-and-shoot cameras (compacts) are acceptable, but discouraged.
The next Advanced Photography Workshop starts September 3.
The next Wedding Photography Workshop starts September 12.
The next Strobist Workshop starts October 15, Call (02) 5247576
The next Basic Videography Workshop starts August 14.
The next Lightroom for Photographers workshop starts on August 13.