Maraming salamat… Sa inyo po ako nag umpisa! Salamat sa gabay at tulong Mam Edi and Ka Pablo N. Beltran.Edwin S. Loyola, prize-winning fine art photographer
We invite you to join the FPPF Basic Photography workshops! More than 30,000 have attended our FPPF Basic Photography classes because:
- Instructors are master photographers who have spent decades perfecting their craft.
- Ten instructors just in the Basic workshop who will share their rich and varied experiences and perspectives, makes for a well-rounded foundation for your photography.
- We’ve been here long, more than 20 years now. The workshop curriculum has been perfected after two decades of teaching photography. We know how to teach.
- You learn photography in a picture perfect setting – Fort Santiago, picturesque and historical. It’s a popular photography and movie shooting location.
- The workshop is fun. Instructors too!
At the FPPF Basic Photography workshop you will learn how to use the DSLR and the latest camera technologies. The curriculum was designed for those who seek to pursue photography as profession or serious art. There’s composition and elements of design, lighting theory and practice for portraiture and product shooting, digital imaging workflow for post processing, and travel photography. Workshops are conducted in Tagalog and English. Special arrangements may be made for those who require purely English instructions.
2018 BASIC PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
How many Sessions?
5 Sessions – Your choice of consecutive Saturdays or Sundays or Check out our Weekdays Schedule.
SATURDAYS Schedule (Click to open)
- FEB 17, 24, MAR 3, 10, 17
- APRIL 7, 14, 21, 28, MAY 5
- MAY 12, 19 ,26, JUN 2, 9
APRIL 22, 29, MAY 6, 13, 20
- FEB 26, 27, 28, MAR 1, 2
- MAR 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
- APRIL 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
- MAY 28, 29, 30, 31, JUN 1
- JUNE 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
- Camera operation and handling
- Basic camera parts and icons
- Correct exposure by adjusting aperture and shutter speed
- Reading the camera meter
- Practice shoot inside Fort Santiago
- Review of Day 1 lecture
- Critique of photos from last session
- Flash and filters
- Tips on landscape and human activity
- Practice shooting
- Assignment: Flash application, 4R print for Day 3 review
- Review 4R printed assignments
- Model Shoot
- Color Theory
- Lighting Patterns
- Practice shooting, indoor & outdoor
- Assignment: 4R print, Still Life
- Review 4R print, Still Life
- Composition Lecture
- Elements of Design
- Assignment for Day 5: 8×12 print, Human Activity & Landscape
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom post processing, workflow
- Travel photography
- Final critique and judging of 8×12 prints
- Presentation of certificates of attendance, awarding of prizes for photo contest
Venue and Package
- Runs five successive Saturdays or Sundays
- from 9 to 4/5 p.m.
- at the FPPF Art Chambers inside Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila, Philippines. MAP HERE
- Workshop I.D.
- Pre-register at the FPPF office or online
- Make your payment in person or by bank deposit
- Reservations are finalized only upon payment of workshop fee
- Film or digital camera, preferably one that allows you to set shutter speed and aperture manually. Check if your auto-everything camera allows manual exposure override. Point-and-shoot cameras (compacts) are acceptable, but discouraged.