The Intramuros Administration (IA), in cooperation with the Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation (FPPF), announces the launch of a smartphone photography competition, “BALIK-TANAW SA KASAYSAYAN” (A Look Back at History) on October 14 & 15, 2017. During these two days, Intramuros will be open house for everybody to shoot. The photo contest is open to everybody with a smartphone.
IA Administrator Atty. Guiller Asido said the photo competition seeks to further promote the Walled City as premier tourist destination in the Philippines. Photo entries should portray the rich culture and history of Intramuros.
BALIK-TANAW SA KASAYSAYAN
PHOTO CONTEST RULES:
1. This is an on-the-spot (OTS) photo contest. Photographs must be taken with a smartphone during those two days only, October 14 & 15, 2017 in Intramuros. Shoot in high resolution. Photos should show places in Intramuros.
2. Each photographer may submit up to three (3) entries. These entries should be uploaded directly to the IA Facebook page, Official Intramuros Administration (www.facebook.com/OfficialIntramurosAdministration), with the hashtag #intramuros. Before you can upload, you have to LIKE the page.
3. Photo enhancement is allowed, using smartphone image editing apps like Snapseed, Lightroom Mobile, VSCO, and the like. Tasteful enhancement is encouraged.
4. Deadline for submission of entries, by uploading them to the IA Facebook page, is at midnight of October 16, 2017. Append a title, and a short caption to each photo.
5. Ten (10) contest winners shall be declared. These winners will be requested to submit the high-resolution file of their entries. All submitted entries shall be considered the property of IA and shall be part of the image bank. IA shall have the right to use the said image, subject to proper acknowledgment or attribution to the photographer.
6. Winning photos will be selected by a panel of judges to be named by the FPPF. The photos with the most LIKEs in Facebook shall also be recognized with a special prize.
7. The Grand Winner (1st Place) shall be awarded a trophy, while the remaining top 9 will each get medals. All winners shall also receive other prizes in cash and/or kind, to be finalized by the Contest Committee.
8. Winners will be announced on October 25, 2017.
GOOD LUCK, AND HAPPY SHOOTING!