The FPPF is holding another photography workshop on February 23, Friday, in Baguio City in time for the yearly Panagbenga flower festival in the summer capital. FPPF President Pablo Beltran said the workshop is free, made possible with the generous support of sponsors Canon, CameraHaus, Philippine Information Agency, and AIM Conference Center Baguio of the Asian Institute of Management.
Beltran said the photography workshop will be held at the AIM Igorot Lodge. Just go there early to register, at about 7:30am; workshop starts at 8:15am. Photography instructors from the FPPF will be there to teach.
Workshop topics include Principles of Composition – a discussion of elements of design, lines, shapes, forms, perspective and lighting principles, which aims to make participants aware of artistic designs and principles, and Travel Photography – which will tackle photography on moving subjects, how to anticipate actions and how to position in order to capture flowing dances, emotions and movements during the Panagbenga street parade.
Participants are eligible to join the on-the-spot (OTS) photo contest with pictures taken during the street parade and flower festival. Cash prizes await the winners.
1. Photos must be taken in digital format using DSLR cameras.
2. All photos should be taken on February 24, 2018 only.
3. Both raw and JPEG files shall be submitted. Raw file shall be required for the top entries.
4. Entries shall be printed, 8×12 inches, no border.
5. Maximum of five (5) entries per photographer, applicable for colored prints only and photo paper only (no metallic or pearl paper).
6. Photos that are digitally enhanced or altered for creative purposes are not allowed. Altered images refer to photographs manipulated and applied with special effects (colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, stitched panoramas, HDR images, etc.) Only minor adjustments acceptable in the color, sharpness, contrast, or digital equivalents are allowed.
7. Infrared photos not allowed.
8. Watermarks or any identifying marks on the entries not allowed.
9. Submission – All entries should be submitted at the FPPF office:
FPPF 302-Annex, FEMII Bldg
A. Soriano St, Intramuros, Manila
Cris Cleofas – 09151785416
Cynthia Pagdilao – 09271506411
Deadline of Submission: MARCH 3, 2018
Good luck to all, and HAPPY SHOOTING!