Basic Photography Workshop teaches basic photography skills: how to operate a digital SLR camera, how to achieve proper exposure, elements of design, posing, studio lighting and more.
Evening Basic Photography Workshop
(3 Evening Sessions plus 1 Day at Fort Santiago)
August 4, 6, 8, & 9
Workshop fee of P5,000 covers all 4 sessions.
Venue and Package
- Runs three nights at AIM in Makati (6:30-9:30 pm)
- Last Day, a Saturday (9am-5pm)
- at the FPPF Art Chamber, Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila, Philippines
- Pre-register at the FPPF office or online
- Make your payment in person or by bank deposit
- Reservations are finalized only upon payment of workshop fee
- Film or digital camera, preferably one that allows you to set shutter speed and aperture manually. Check if your auto-everything camera allows manual exposure override. Point-and-shoot cameras (compacts) are acceptable, but discouraged.
- Film and developing are provided free of charge to students who shoot with film cameras, courtesy of Fujifilm.
The FPPF is offering a special photography workshop for those who work or live in Makati City, conveniently on M-W-F nights at the Asian Institute of Management Conference Center Makati (ACCM).
Workshops are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings at the ACCM, plus a whole day session on Saturday from 9am to 5pm which will be held at the FPPF Art Chamber in Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila.
On Saturday, the morning session (9am-12nn) will be devoted to hands-on shooting inside Fort Santiago, while the afternoon (1-5pm) will be for the final critique and judging of photographs at the FPPF Studio at FEMII Bldg. Certificates will be awarded after the final critique.
The workshop is designed for shutterbugs who wish to understand how to use the digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera, a complex piece of equipment for people who want to be creative with their photographs. If you don’t own a DSLR yet, the workshop will give you a solid base on how to select your professional level camera.
The FPPF workshop will also delve on the artistic side of photography, touching on topics such as composition, art history and design, portraiture and studio lighting and digital imaging. Workshop fee is P5,000 and attendance is limited to only 30 seats.
DSLR Camera Operation
1. Exposure Basics
- ISO, Aperture & Shutter Speed
- Camera Metering
- Focusing Modes
2. Camera techniques to capture
- Freeze motion
- Blur motion
- Shallow Depth of Field
- Deep Depth of Field
- Black on Black
- White on White
3. Lenses – what the specs mean, how focal lengths affect your shots
1. Review camera operation
a. Rule of Thirds, Lines, Shapes, Texture, Color, etc.
b. Assignments based on composition rules
Lecture on Basic Lighting, Still Life Shooting
Portraiture using available light
Morning – Fort Santiago
Hands-on shoot at Fort Santiago applying the photography lessons learned in camera operation, composition and lighting.
Afternoon – FEMII
Submission of photos
Critique, evaluation and judging of submitted photos
Yes! Sign me up for AIM Evening Basic Photography Workshop.
Venues: Asian Institute of Management & FPPF